It’s the holidays again. Time flies so fast. And here we are, spending Christmas in Bohol. Yey!
Touch down at Tagbilaran Airport!
14 THINGS TO DO IN BOHOL:
1. Visit the Chocolate Hills.
I love how colour-coordinated we are.
The locals will ask you to pose on a broomstick. The effect is like you are flying over Chocolate Hills. But I think ours didn’t achieve that. Lol We were laughing the whole time while taking this photo—it was sort of hard because we’re six and we can’t get the right timing to jump together. But we tried our best. Ha ha
2. Visit some Tarsiers at Tarsiers Conservation Area.
Before entering the park, there’s a brief orientation on the Do’s and Don’ts.
Remember, no flash photography and keep noise at a minimum.
Hello there little fellow!
3. If you like butterflies, you can drop by the Bohol Butterfly Sanctuary.
You can try out this as well—”I’m a beautiful butterfly” pose. Lol
A great way to beat the heat is to eat this yummy natural fruit ice cream. Mine was cheese flavoured and it has cheese bits inside. I died! It’s good! For all those cheese lovers out there, you have to try this!
4. Go on a River Cruise at Loboc River. It also includes native lunch on board.
5. Drive along the Bilar Man-Made Forest.
6. Say “She sells seashells by the seashore.” Kidding. Check out Nova Shell Museum.
7. Pass by the Blood Compact Commemorative Shrine and the “Shiphaus”, it’s ship looking house that’s owned by a former ship captain. That’s a mouthful of ships. Lol
8. Visit some of the oldest churches in Bohol.
- Baclayon Church
- Dauis Church
9. For those who like some adventure, go to Loboc Eco-tourism Adventure Park and try out the zipline and cable car.
10. Another place you can visit is the Hinagdanan Cave.
11. Crossed the Tigbao Hanging bridge.
12. Visit Prony, the world’s biggest and longest native phyton in captivity at Bohol Phyton & Wildlife Park.
13. Eat healthy/organic/fresh food. Dine in Bohol Bee Farm.
The ingredients they serve came from their own garden. Nom! Here are some of the dishes we tried:
Aside from honey products they also sell potted herbs.
14. And of course, buy some souvenir shirts.
WHERE TO STAY:
We stayed at Bohol Beach Club. And the overall experience is quite nice.
The beach is also lovely!
They transformed the dining area to be extra special because it’s the Christmas Eve.